Turner Mining Group Website
A website redesign to implement a new design system, highlight service offerings, and make the case for why they're North America's most trusted mining contractor.
After creating a new design system for Turner Mining Group, it was time to update and refresh their website.
At the end of 2019, I worked with Tracy O'Brien and Jess Sweetin to create a fresh, new design system (case study coming soon!) and rolled out the Employee Portal. Once those two big projects were knocked out, it was time to implement the new system on their customer-facing website.
After a couple of years maintaining their own website, TMG decided it was time to refresh their content, refine their messaging regarding service offerings, and reorganize the content strategy to emphasize why they are the best mining contract in North America.
TMG gave me a lot of creative freedom for the design direction of the website, so I used a dark theme throughout the site. The contrast between light text and solid color or photo backgrounds gives the site visual depth. Dark themes are still fairly rare, especially in the heavy civil construction industry, so I thought it would be a fantastic way for TMG to differentiate themselves in the market. I took great care in ensuring that there was always sufficient contrast between the text and background, and that the information is organized in a thoughtful, digestible layout.
The TMG website was a dream project, and I'm so excited to see all of the effort and hard work carry through to a successful and well-received launch.
- Create an ecosystem of engaging content
- Be usable on all devices, particularly on tablet and mobile
- Improve and optimize the user flow
- Move people down funnels, either for project contracts or careers
- Be easy to update and manage for site admins
- Create an overall more dynamic and engaging environment
- Ability to publish Podcasts and News articles
- Relevant search functionality
- Embedded Instagram post feed
- Easy admin management: live text editor and drag-and-drop page builder
- In-website documentation